Sunday 26 September 2021

SWAP MEET MODEL SALE TREASURES

I have waited nearly two years for an Ottawa plastic model kit swap meet and sale. And today was that day. I have been counting sleeps until the event. Thanks to Bill at Hobby Centre for hosting this highly-anticipated event. It was a beautiful day with a lot of sunshine and a lot of vendors set up in the backs of their automobiles. Many IPMS Ottawa members were selling and buying, or both. It was great to see so many club members. Thanks to Ken and Terrry (buy high, sell low), and Brian and Steve and Michael. And thanks to Glenn for the early Christmas present. Hello to Benoit and Patrice and all the other members I may have missed.

None of the items on my 'to-get' list were on offer, but I still came home with eleven treasures to keep me happy for a year. The Leopard 2A6 tank will be shipped to a friend in Alberta after all the parts are spray painted right on the sprue -- he can assemble it himself. Here are my varied treasures:



ps. while cleaning and making room for these new kits in the storage closet I found two kits I did not even know I had, but which I had clearly started years ago.